They are Yorkshire terriers after all so there is only place Aiko and Ole could go for a charity walk – over the Pennines to the White Rose County!

The two pups will happily hitch a ride when the Pendlebury family, from Woodley, undertake the marathon Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge in aid of St Ann’s Hospice in September.

Aiko and Ole are barely four months old so they will spend most of the 25-mile journey safely tucked up in a special dog carrier pack.

Their mother Zante is strong enough to cover much of the trek without the aid of a rucksack and all three dogs will be sporting hospice colours for the adventure.

Owner and member of the Leemic accounts team, Sabrina Pendlebury, came up with the idea of taking the dogs along after husband Nick was bought the trip as a Father’s Day present. Sabrina then decided it would be turned into a family adventure and also enlisted Kieran (16) and Callum, aged nine, who will also attempt to walk the three peaks in under 12 hours.

“I’ve been wanting to do something for charity for quite some time and decided to set an ambitious target of raising £16,000 which is the cost of providing one day’s care at St Ann’s Hospice,” explained Nick, a partner at  Leemic.

“The Leemic brand was 40 years old in 2012, the year after the hospice celebrated the same anniversary, and because the charity is such an important part of the community, I decided to raise money for them.

“As a business we’ve raised almost £6,000 so far and it’s proving more difficult than I anticipated. But I will get to my target because I realise just how much the hospice relies on donations to provide its range of free services.

“We’ll be taking good care of the dogs and I’m sure they’ll enjoy the experience.”

Sabrina added: “Nick’s been working very hard over the past 18 months to raise money for St Ann’s by taking part in various sporting events. As a family we’re very proud of what he’s doing and wanted to demonstrate this by doing our little bit too. It’ll be tough, but we’re all determined to complete the challenge, have fun and contribute towards the target.”

* To sponsor The Pendlebury Family 3 Peaks Yorkshire Challenge please visithttp://www.justgiving.com/ThreeYorkiesTrek  or text NPSP99 to 70070 followed by £10.

img

Get a free quote. Complete the short form below

Recent news and updates

What could the new Government Legislatio

New data security rules mean businesses are under fresh...

Read more...

Leemic sponsor a night to remember...

Leemic are delighted to be a key sponsor of The Falkirk...

Read more...

Boost Efficiency through Effective Print

This useful infographic shows the amount of time wasted...

Read more...

Leemic join the Leaders Club...

We are delighted to announce that Leemic has been presented...

Read more...

Press Release – Leemic Announce Ne

Following a strong year in 2016 for Stockport based document...

Read more...

The silent beastie in the corner...

Would you be comfortable disposing of highly confidential...

Read more...

Bigger, Better and Weightier after Chris

Leemic’s New Years resolution may be in stark contrast to...

Read more...

Festive Opening Hours, A Massive Thank Y

The Leemic offices will be shutting its doors today for the...

Read more...

Key 103 Mission Christmas – Cash for K

Leemic will once again be a drop off point for the Key 103...

Read more...

Join a winning team – we are recru

We are currently recruiting for the following positions;...

Read more...

Stockport Business Awards Supported...

Organised by Clarke Nicklin, the Stockport Business Awards...

Read more...

Falkirk “Bairns” boost as Le

Leemic are delighted to present Falkirk FC with a...

Read more...